This historic hotel is located in the renowned Fort George area, just 100 m from the Caribbean Sea. Around the corner stands the historic Fort Point Lighthouse, at the entrance to Belize Harbour and adjacent to the Baron Bliss Memorial. Shopping opportunities and bars can be found in the immediate vicinity.
This Belizean landmark was built in 1927 by talented local craftsmen and still retains its beauty, grace and charm. Now, this magnificent 3-storey colonial-style residence is probably the largest classic wooden home still in existence in Belize. Originally built as a family home, this wonderful structure still provides the warmth and comfort reminiscent of the early colonial times of Belize. Spacious verandas at the front and back of the house allow guests to relax and let go amidst the soothing embrace of the Caribbean breezes. There are 16 rooms in total. It is air-conditioned and has a lobby, hotel safe, currency exchange facility, café, bar, restaurant, conference facilities, Internet access, and room and laundry services. Parking facilities are available to guests arriving by car.
All of the spacious rooms feature an en suite bathroom, a hairdryer, remote-control cable TV, a radio, individually regulated air conditioning, a mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, Internet access, a direct dial telephone and a dedicated fax line. An ironing set, double or king-size beds, and an in-room safe deposit box also come as standard. Balconies and terraces are also provided.
Diving, sailing and catamaran boating are all offered for a fee. Golf, and entertainment and activity programmes for both young and old also feature.
Lunch and dinner are served from a set menu.
Distances (in meters)
- Airport: 100 m
- City centre: 300 m